JUP Working Area
- Research and Publication
- Advocacy & Networking
- Human Rights
- National & International Policy Dialogue
- Socio Economic Development
JUP'S International Network
Find us on
Research and Publication
National Level Discourse on two-day national discourse on diverse issues of Dalits and its dimensions was conducted in the collaboration and coordination with other Dalit organizations from 10 – 11 Sep 2014 at Staff College. National discourse was successfully completed and brought Dalit concerns into book form based on the view of experts which includes the issues as follows.
• High political contribution of Dalits and Low benefit
• Three major issues of Dalits which have not been mentioned yet
• Foreign aid in Nepal: Dalit are only looking and looking
• Access of Dalits to land: Forgotten Issue
• Law against untouchability: Cetamol to the patient of pneumonia
• Madhesi Dalits as highly discriminated and excluded Dalit
• Dalit Education in theoretical and practical eye
• Dalits problems are purely political
• Media view on Dalit issue
• Federalism, local self-governance and Dalit
The published book named Dalit Dristi is useful for further research, studies and understating the discrimination against Dalits and burning issues of Dalits in various sectors. This book will be disseminated among the relevant organizations, state authorities and other stakeholder to do advocacy for meaningful inclusion of Dalit community in political and development process towards achieving Dalit rights.
Welcome to our Website
Jana Utthan Pratisthan (JUP) is a national organization which campaigns for the human rights of the Dalit community. Since its inception it has been raising a voice against racial, caste, work and decent based discrimination. Mass media and advocacy campaigns have been central to the organisations pursuit of its vision of an "Equitable and non-discriminatory Nepali society". JUP has been successful in lobbing against caste, work and decent base discrimination with national and international bodies. JUP gained Special Consultative Status with ECOSOC of the UN in 2007 in recognition of its human rights work with the Dalit community in Nepal.Read More..
Jana Utthan Pratisthan